It’s January 2nd 2016, the old college gang is headed back to the mainland, and I’m thinking about the year to come.
What I’d like to do in 2016:
- Sell more plants at the Farmers Market. In years past, I’ve sold the supporting cast of an orchard, but not the stars. This year I will have apples, plums and other fruit trees for sale at the Farmers Market in Friday Harbor.
- Grow more of the feed for my laying flock. The girls have taken well to sunchokes, so I will be planting more of them. I expect to be growing more peas as well.
- Grow more cider apples. My first experiment in hard cider worked well, so I might as well do more.
- Offer more fresh produce and preserves at the Market. As my food forest matures and produces more than Anita and I can eat, I will offer more choices at my market booth.
- Get ahead of the firewood supply. I’m designing a firewood drying kiln to speed up seasoning and ensure that I have hot smokeless fires.
- Produce more biochar.
- Extend the railway to the house.